Saturday, March 9, 2013

Civil War Reproduction Quilt

I have not been blogging, but I have been sewing like a crazy woman! My Civil War reproduction quilt has been on my UFO list for what seems like forever. It is now finished and on my bed.

This quilt has been pulled out several times to finish. On one of my recent snow days, I decided it was time to finish it. When it was spread out on the floor, I discovered that there was much less to finish than I reallized. Only the two navy borders that go all the way around the outsides needed to be quilted. Taking a few minutes to decide on what to quilt, I came to the conclusion that it needed some straight line quilting.

After finishing the quilting, I realized that this quilt has hung in my bedroom on the quilt rack, mostly finished for at least 5 years. How silly is this?

The centers of the star blocks have this quilting in them. I finished this part shortly after my first FMQ class. This is one of the things that I would like to get better at.

Flying geese abound in this quilt, both in the star blocks and one of the borders.

Back to the machine!

Heather

 

No comments:

Post a Comment